Monday, June 20, 2016

Ten Movies on an Island: Olivia de Havilland


Obviously I love Olivia de Havilland (otherwise I wouldn't be co-hosting a blogathon for her in a week and a half). Ever since I saw her in The Adventures of Robin Hood when I was little I thought her to be one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. When I was older and saw her in They Died with Their Boots on, I discovered just how fantastic she is as an actress. Since then I have watched several of her films and inevitably have come up with some favorites. Here they are:
1. The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) - Errol Flynn (airing July 1)
2. Gone With the Wind (1939) - Vivien Leigh & Clark Gable (airing July 1)
3. My Love Came Back (1940) - Jane Wyman & Eddie Albert (airing July 23)
4. The Strawberry Blonde (1941) - James Cagney (airing July 22)
5. They Died with Their Boots on (1941) - Errol Flynn (airing July 8)
6. The Male Animal (1942) - Henry Fonda (airing July 29)
7. Princess O'Rourke (1943) - Robert Cummings (airing July 30)
8. The Dark Mirror (1946) - herself (not being shown but on YT)
9. The Heiress (1949) - Montgomery Clift (airing July 15)
10. My Cousin Rachel (1952) - Richard Burton (airing July 22)
Honorable Mentions: Alibi Ike (1935), and The Irish in Us (1935) or Wings of the Navy (1939) - can't remember which one I liked better as they are very similar. They are also airing on TCM in July.

I am very excited that Olivia is TCM's Star of the Month for July. I particularly want to see Four's a Crowd and Raffles. I've been freeing up my dvr in anticipation. Which films are you looking forward to seeing? Have you signed up for the blogathon? It's not too late!!

No comments:

Post a Comment